Monday, March 19, 2007

Charcoal

You can always tell when I've been doing charcoal because I look like I'm a miner. I'm not the cleanest artist, but honestly, how clean can you be with chalky rocks. Although it is a messy art, I sure do love it! Taking pictures of art is hard, sorry if they aren't the cleanest pictures, but you get the gist.


Here is a charcoal picture of my dear friend George Harrison I did back in October of 2006.























This picture is of the one and only John Winston Lennon. (Lace, I know it's technically Ono now, not Winston, but I choose not to recognize that)








This one of Sir Paul McCartney appears to be dirtier than the others, that was the lighting.













And to complete the collection, here is a picture I did of Ringo Starr.



















This is a picture I did of Frank Sinatra, old blue eyes himself. I took the photograph is at an angle so he looks a little chubby.











A little out of place amongst all my rock stars, but here is a picture I did of Keith Urban.















This picture of Jim Morrison I just couldn't get to turn out right with my camera. The lights and darks are a little off, but you get the gist.




This picture is my most recent. I have yet to complete it. I kinda fancy the unfinished look though. It's another one of Jim Morrison.




13 say say say what you want:

Lace said...

Very nice! I HATE charcoal, but I'm totally impressed that you can use it! I think it is very hard to do!
I also choose not to recognize the name change to Ono and prefer Winston.
Also technically it's Sir James Paul McCartney, but you know that!
You need to post your tiles that were in the art show and some of your other stuff too.

Lace said...

I am speaking from the grave, I now realize that changing my name was a mistake and would prefer you continue to refer to me as John Winston Lennon... also name your kids after me.

-John Winston Lennon

Trinbean said...

You are awesome ANN....I love your work!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lilly I ~LOVE~ this! You are such a great artist! I am totally jealous...at least one of us has talent! ~grin~

Annie Cole said...

Thanks for all your comments guys! I love the feedback! I'm working on posting more, sorry it's taking so long. I especially want to thank John Lennon right now for taking the time out of his busy dead schedule to come back and rely a message to me...Thanks John! And a quick shout out to my good friends Lace, Trina, and Marci! Love you all!! ~Your one and only Lilly

Anonymous said...

Lilly the Artista! If John Winston Lennon comes back from the dead to greet you, imagine what these already priceless pieces of art will be worth when you're speaking to young artists from your grave! I know.... Artist's are very humble and just love the art, not the money...

Annie Cole said...

P.S. Quick shout out to my friend t-bone! Love ya!
~Your one and only Lilly!

christa said...

Annie- I LOVE it!! You are SO amazing!! I had no idea you had such talent! (in art- piano playing I knew- but you blow me away!!) Keep posting more of your art! I love it!

Annie Cole said...

And a shout out to my dear friend CMM! She always believed in me and encouraged my "talents". Thanks CMM! Love Ya!
~Your one and only Lilly

Anonymous said...

Lilly,

I have a plethera of investers lined up and anxiousely waiting for the revelation of your next masterpieces! Could you please contact your agent and have him/her post more on your fans site! Have your agent contact me at 555-investmentnumber1 I know it is quite the extended number, but the more the numbers, the bigger the corporation. You're gonna be HUGE DARLING..... The world will line up everywhere to take a "gander" at the astounding artwork by... Lilly

DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!!!

-TCHAU-

Julz said...

Wow Annie! I'm so touched at these pics! You are SO talented- I love the charcoal. Great job!

destiny808 said...

I am so impressed right now... You have an amazing talent I can't believe you are just letting me in on this recently... Incredible...
Amber

My Journal said...

I am impressed!!! I had no idea you had such talent. I would love to see more of your artwork. I don't know if you are aware, but I used to fancy myself as an aspiring artist. But my best work was done so long ago, I think my talent may be gone by now. sooo... the moral of the story is - Don't stop! I really am impressed.