Friday, June 1, 2007

Oil Pastels

I've never done oil pastels before, so I don't really know if there's some special technique....but if there is, I didn't use it. I was at the craft store one day, and I saw the pastels and I thought to myself, "Lilly, those look like fun." So I bought them. They're pretty fun. They were kinda hard to get used to, they remind me of crayons. They're not pointed at all so details are hard...however if you accidentally leave them in your car and they melt in their trays, a point can conveniently be formed. This first picture of my Little Dellie was my very fist picture with oil pastels.






I'll take you through the steps. :) Here I have drawn the majority of the left side of the paper...






...And here it is almost done...










....And here it is done!














This next picture is also of Little Dellie. This was my second, and also my most recent oil pastel. Everytime I see it I touch it up more, so I don't really know if it's finished yet, or when it officially will be. :)






Here it is from the top.












This picture turned out clearer than the first one.

3 say say say what you want:

Anonymous said...

wow!! very good!! love oil pastels, love how good you are with them, love that little girl, love you too!!

Lace said...

Wow! I've never seen this last one! Way cool!

Unknown said...

These are so very beautiful!